A little help required

I have had structured training for over a year, now would like a change, I have a sportive in the middle of October and would like to purchase a plan.

I was going to buy the 18 week sweet spot p’an but that covers the race, so would I be better off buying two 6 week plans say a sweet spot plan2 then the I terval based one.

I have a fairly good endurance levels.

Thanks

David

Hey @dyersteel, which cycling discipline are you training for? I assume road, but just want to be sure before giving any advice :slight_smile:

Hi Lacey,

Yes road , as I mentioned I have done plenty of endurance as I was supposed to do the raid across the Pyrenees this summer, however, I have a sportive in October and would like to Concentrate on that.

Thanks

David

sounds like you’ve listened to our master’s CTL podcast

With a good CTL, get on our sweet spot part 4 polarized plan follow by our hill climbing intervals - presuming your sportive has lots of climbing (which they tend to)

https://fascatcoaching.com/training-plans/hill-climbing-intervals/

then in your off season you may get on an off season training plan like our 32 week complete off season resistance training – and this has the 18 weeks of sweet spot included:

https://fascatcoaching.com/training-plans/off-season-plan-resistance-training-sweet-spot-base/

HI Frank,

Thanks Frank and yes i have.

Yes its fairly hilly being about 30mins from the Pyrenees no big climbs a couple of around 6/7 km.

Thanks i will have a look at the sweet spot training and also the coach membership to supplement it.

David

1 Like

Just received my sweet spot 4 plan, very easy to download and my initial thoughts are that looks exactly what i’ve been looking for thanks Fascat.

David

2 Likes

So just started the plan today all good quite easily hit the numbers required.

What i like about it is that i can see the whole 6 weeks of training and the gradual progression of intensity and what its trying to achieve rather than having a coach who posts a weeks training on TP on Sunday and then you have to wait a following week for the next instalment.

David

3 Likes

I wanted to think about next year, not sure i should do that given what’s happened this one.

Anyway, i had a number of events cancelled mainly this one:

So my question or questions are i trained between 10-12 hours per week for this which seemed enough for me, however, i never did anything specific towards this such as a mock training event such as 3 long days back to back to get me mental prepared as well as physically.

Would you advise this?

I also have a big sportive 3 weeks after the above its only 126km but is over 3k of ascent so, once again its over 5 hours for me nearer 6 hours. So, should i ride at least for 6 hours before this event to condition my body before this.

Thanks

David

1 Like

@dyersteel I am sure one of the coaches will respond soon with a more specific answer, but I know that the answer to your question is yes. Simulation rides are extremely important as many of those long races are just as much mental as they are physical!
Practicing the race will help boost your confidence in being able to keep pushing when you think you have hit the wall & also gives you the chance to test/perfect your nutrition plan :slight_smile:

1 Like

In addition to what @Lacey_Rivette suggested - you want to do our stage race interval plan after you completed our 32 week off season plan

Thanks Lucy and Frank , i do have a sportive in the middle of October its only 100km with about 1,500 of ascent what plan would you recommend for the period after the 20th September when my Sweetspot 4 program finishes?

David