12 Weeks out from Race (Training Plan Help)

I have my first A priority race coming up on July 28th (Mount Davis Challenge). I am 12 weeks out and just started riding with a power meter in March. This race has some significant climbing. I have a decent base from riding this winter but there has been no structure to my training. My intense efforts were races on Zwift. I would really like to improve on last year’s performance. Any help with choosing a plan would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike! Welcome to our Coalition. 12 weeks = 2 parts

1st part =Sweet Spot Part 3

2nd Part = Hill Climbing Intervals

The two plans together = 12 weeks of great training

Don’t forget to Win In the Kitchen too!

1 Like

Thanks Frank! I appreciate the advice. Will I just incorporate a taper into the last part of the hill climbing intervals program?

Thanks again!

Mike

Yes. and here’s how to edit your plan:
https://fascatcoaching.com/tips/adjust-fascat-training-plan/

Very soon (in a week or two) we’ll offer coaching subscriptions ontop of your plan where for $29/month you can have a coach revise your plan and analyze your power data.

Stay tuned!

Frank,

I just got set up with Sweet Spot 3 and Hill Climbing Intervals. Once I downloaded the programs, I noticed that I am going to have more time to train. I thought the program would be closer to the 8 hour range. During the summer I usually ride between 8-11 hours a week. Is there anyway I can exchange my beginner programs for the intermediates. I am planning on diving in at the beginning of next week. Any help with this would be awesome. Looking forward to getting started and improving at Mount Davis in July. On a side note, super psyched that I will be able to touch base and modify my second program to taper for the race. Thanks again for all of your help!

Mike

Easy, If you are riding 8-11 hours per week, that is our Intermediate version. We’re happy to swap that out for you. Paging Coach @Isaiah and he will trigger TrainingPeaks to send you a new apply plan email & link.

He’s racing the Time Trial at the Gila today so let’s root him on, send him speed vibes but also be patience :wink:

Good luck sweet spottin’!

Frank,

Thanks so much! Definitely want to swap both plans to intermediate. I will send good vibes! No hurry because I will be field testing at the beginning of the week. My FTP is the auto generated from Zwift (320). Hoping I can match that or be somewhat close to it on the road. Looking forward to sweet spotting and climbing! Thanks again for everything!

Mike

Hey Mike! Thanks for the speed vibes!

Just traded out those plans for you.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Isaiah,

Thank you for swapping out those training plans. I appreciate it. Solid effort in the TT yesterday. I was checking out the results last night. Good Luck in the last two stages! Rooting for you!

Mike

1 Like

Thanks a ton Mike! Had some rough in a few stages out there but was still a blast overall. Thanks for the cheers!

Frank or Isaiah,

I was doing my Crisscross: Tempo / Sweet Spot: 3 x 10 minutes. I was doing it on Zwift and using my Garmin because I like the workout display. Anyway, they both uploaded to TrainingPeaks and I deleted the one that was registered as today’s workout. I am trying to manually add in the time, TSS, and IF so that the Zwift ride will register as the planned workout. I know the time was 60 minutes. Do you think you can let me know the planned TSS and IF for that particular workout? I am going to manually enter the planned information to show that I did complete the workout. Thank you so much!

Actually, I just realized I deleted the entire file from my calendar. Will it mess my whole training plan up if I remove the plan and re-add it to the calendar or will it mess up everything I have already completed? Sorry to bother you about something so silly, but I am super Type A when it comes to training.

Thanks,
Mike