12 hour endurance training

Hi there, I am a professional off road motorcycle rider and use road cycling as cross training. I have been cycling since I was much younger and have a fairly strong base of training to work from. I am trying to figure out what training plan to choose from. My goal is to get comfortable with 12-13 hours of cycling to be ready for this years Baja 1000 desert race. I use the bicycle to simulate the mental strains and physical breakdown of racing without putting so much wear and tear on the practice motorcycle. Let me know if any prior training plans or input is available. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @Deralick1
The Baja 1000 desert race is quite the feat and I would agree that training the mental and physical demands will help you to excel when the big day rolls around.

I would suggest that you look at our gran fondo plan or the haute route plan. I would go with the intermediate or advanced levels. You could also consider our 100 mile MTB plan - while that one is geared towards the MTB, you can complete the workouts on a road bike. It will have some big days in the saddle that you are looking for too.

1 Like